Successful completion of this certification will validate skills and knowledge for those students interested in working in a middle-skill trade profession as their own boss and those with entrepreneurship and small business career aspirations.
Objetivos del Curso
- Compare and contrast marketing to a mass market versus a target market.
- List the components of a customer profile.
- Identify ways that a target market can be separated into market segments.
- Explain why customers buy benefits versus features.
- Describe how a business creates value for customers.
- Identify various value propositions that businesses can offer customers.
- Know the function of marketing and the goals of a marketing plan.
- List the five P's of the Marketing Mix and examples of each.
- Explain how marketing strategies communicate value propositions to customers.
- Explain the importance of personal selling and understanding customers' needs.
- List effective sales techniques for communicating a business's value proposition to customers.
- Identify the purpose and structure of an effective business pitch.
- List the elements of the promotional cycle.
- Describe the components of a Promotional Mix and examples of each.
- Explain the need for maintaining customer relationships.
- Provide characteristics and examples for each of the broad categories of businesses.
- Describe the progression of goods through distribution channels.
- List distribution considerations for delivering products or services to customers.
- Describe the different internal resources needed to run a business.
- Explain why it is important for entrepreneurs to have their intellectual property protected by law.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages in hiring staff for a new business.
- Identify key operating activities performed by existing businesses.
- List examples of internal and customer-facing policies in place for business operations.
- Describe approaches for planning and managing inventory levels.
- Describe the importance of identifying key partnerships needed to run a business.
- Identify strategic partnerships that entrepreneurs establish to operate and protect the business.
- Explain the parts of an insurance policy and how it works.
- Identify the various legal structures that exist.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the different legal structures.
- Describe steps to take in choosing and setting up a legal structure.
- Identify and categorize examples of variable expenses incurred by businesses.
- Describe the relationship between selling price, variable expenses, and contribution margin.
- Explain how to structure an Economics of One Unit of Sale (EOU) for various business types.
- Identify examples of fixed expenses commonly incurred by businesses.
- Use a break-even analysis to help maximize the profitability of the business.
- Describe strategies for managing ongoing expenses.
- List potential revenue streams for a business.
- Explain the process for forecasting sales for a future period of time.
- Describe the parts and function of an income statement.
- Describe strategies for calculating start-up investment needs.
- Explain what a return on investment ratio means to an entrepreneur and/or investor.
- List potential ways that entrepreneurs obtain financing to start a business.
- Describe how income statements are used for financial analysis.
- Identify the purpose and components of a balance sheet.
- Explain which financial ratios can be calculated from a balance sheet.