Successful completion of this certification will validate skills and knowledge for those students interested in working in a middle-skill trade profession as their own boss and those with entrepreneurship and small business career aspirations.
Objetivos del Curso
- Learn about the four main management functions.
- Compare types of organizational structures.
- Understand the importance of a healthy business environment.
- Understand the role of government regulation.
- Identify laws that impact business operations.
- Describe government resources that help small business comply with regulations.
- Differentiate between various financial records.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of computerized accounting systems.
- Describe the issues associated with the use of accountants and bookkeepers.
- Learn the parts of an accounting worksheet.
- Describe how to use a single-column accounting worksheet.
- Create financial statements based on a single-column accounting worksheet.
- Explain how the government uses tax money.
- Describe the purposes of business taxes.
- Suggest ways that businesses can reduce their taxes.
- Investigate business growth strategies.
- Explore product life cycles.
- Study the practical challenges of growing a business.
- Learn about the site selection and layout planning.
- Examine the tasks and tools of production management.
- Explore factors in purchasing management.
- Describe the process of recruiting employees.
- Compare various methods of employee training and development.
- Explain various methods of motivating, evaluating, promoting, and dismissing employees.
- Investigate franchising a business.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of being a franchisor.
- Explore brand licensing.
- Study methods for valuing a business.
- Investigate exit strategies for business owners.
- Understand how to build wealth.