Successful completion of this certification will validate skills and knowledge for those students interested in working in a middle-skill trade profession as their own boss and those with entrepreneurship and small business career aspirations.
Objetivos del Curso
- Compare and contrast the functions of an entrepreneur and an employee.
- Analyze the pros and cons of being an entrepreneur.
- Describe how entrepreneurs solve problems through products or services.
- Learn about different types of entrepreneurs and determine their unique skills and characteristics.
- Evaluate one's own strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for growth to measure entrepreneurial potential.
- Identify skills and characteristics demonstrated by an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Explain the value of learning entrepreneurship in relation to one's own career path.
- Identify ways to utilize the entrepreneurial mindset while acting as an intrapreneur.
- List the 16 career clusters and entrepreneurial pathways within each.
- Identify social problems solved by entrepreneurs.
- Explain the purpose of having a mission statement for a business.
- List examples of socially responsible business practices.
- Explain ways that entrepreneurs can promote ethical behavior in the workplace.
- List potential challenges that entrepreneurs might face while starting or operating a business.
- Describe how a business plan helps entrepreneurs manage entrepreneurial risk.
- Explain how thinking of a new business idea is part of the entrepreneurial process.
- Identify the importance of creative thinking in generating business ideas.
- List various creative thinking activities for idea generation.
- Explain the difference between a business idea and a business opportunity.
- Identify external sources of business opportunities.
- List approaches for turning good ideas into business opportunities.
- Explain how creative and critical thinking are both needed in entrepreneurship.
- Describe techniques to use for determining the most feasible business opportunities.
- Identify questions entrepreneurs must answer for ongoing evaluation of a business opportunity.
- Explain the importance of market research in entrepreneurship.
- Compare and contrast primary and secondary data and their functions.
- Conduct market research by gathering information from both primary and secondary resources.
- Describe how ideas are refined through ongoing evaluation of research data.
- List the six cyclical steps of ongoing research.
- Identify how business plans develop over time and change as new research is found.
- List the factors that affect the development of economic systems.
- Compare and contrast the various types of economic systems.
- Evaluate the role of entrepreneurs within an economic system.
- Examine the relationship between suppliers and buyers as opposing forces.
- Explain how supply and demand relationships impact the availability and pricing of products and services.
- Demonstrate supply and demand relationships graphically.
- Identify various forms of competition.
- Determine market share for a business.
- Explain the role competition plays in the global economy.
- Examine how competition between consumers and suppliers impacts pricing.
- List the financial, social, and environmental benefits for generating a profit.
- Analyze the factors entrepreneurs must consider when pricing to stay competitive and cover expenses.
- Explain how to gather competitive intelligence on other businesses.
- List potential differentiators that can act as a competitive advantage.
- Use a competitive matrix to determine a competitive advantage for a business.